Tuesday, May 12, 2009

A Recent Project Completed In Chandler




Hello All,
I just wanted to post pictures of a recently completed job I did in Chandler, Arizona. The cabinets are in a multi-million dollar home in a private community here and I loved working with these clients. They were a laid back, fun couple with two great boys.
I got to design a custom buffet piece to sit between two walls in a niche area of their dining room. I selected a warm brown stain with a hint of Bordeaux in it-(custom made stain)- to pull out the warmth in the floral and paisley Tuscan print on their dining chairs. I did not go with a stain that matched the wooden dining table and chairs, but instead chose one one tone darker. I do not believe in matchy matchy. It just doesn't look lived in, it looks planned. The marble that I selected for the top is a color called Rosso Fiorentino. It is a very high grade of marble, with a deep Bordeaux with some purplish areas and hints of green and white veining. It is fantastic. I will try to post a close up, as I know I have one somewhere... I wanted the bottom of the cabinet to sit on delicate legs with a grape leaf and for the center drawers to have a nice pattern. They are lined with felt for dinnerware. This cabinet is made of alder, with a multi- edged, raised panel door. It is simple, yet elegant and defines this space. It commands attention in this room, and that was just what I wanted. They love it and I am proud to see another vision in my head come to life. I am an interior designer who has the ability to design my own custom cabinetry. I draw and detail my own designs and work with my custom cabinet team to manufacture the pieces in house. My husband is a custom cabinetmaker and master finisher. We make a great team, as you can see!

I will post the office cabinetry tomorrow.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Michelle,

This is Fastercash from twitter, nice design as always. I was writing to you because I was going to suggest that it would be better in the long run for you to purchase your own domain name for your business. Google is cool, but what happens when it goes down for scheduled maintenance like twitter EEK! This could result in a loss of customers. Also the majority of searches done online are perfomed locally, so if you are not on the 1st page of Google for (home remodeling arizona) for example, you are missing out on 140potential customers that are searching on Google for this very thing based on statistics from Google. What could you do with an extra 140 customers per month? Probably have to expand business. Of course not all will convert into clients, but still they are targeted leads that may one day will.

So when you get your own website. Let me know. I will show you how to take over this #1 spot in under 72hrs :) Then when your on MTV just give me a shout out :)

Your Friend,
FasterCash

Unknown said...

Beautiful. I love the drawer front details. I imagine the client was very pleased and grateful they found you. Way to go!

Michelle Dunbar- Interior Designer & D-I-Y Design Diva said...

Thank you SA... I am glad someone else can appreciate fine cabinetry, like I do!

everythinghomedesign.com said...

Michelle-

Great work - from one to another I design/build in Indianapolis - just found you on twitter. Love the cabinetry detail.

Cheers !!