Tuesday, July 14, 2009

So this is the wallpaper that I am in love with at the moment. I originally ordered it for my showroom, before I downsized due to the economy. I am a firm believer in recycling and I had the perfect room to use this paper in my new home, the problem is- I ordered enough to fit the original space, not my living room, which is significantly larger (yet still a tiny space to me!).
My plan for this space is a great concept for using a fabric or wallpaper in short demand, yet still is a stylish solution in a pre-planned interior. I first painted the side walls a light shade called Perfect Greige (Sherwin Williams- of course). Greige is a designer's term for a combination of the colors gray and beige. I envisioned the wallpaper in my center wall- my focal area. On this wall I used a darker paint- Sherwin Williams Garret Gray. This color is a gorgeous and rich brown- gray with a plum undertone. It is a versatile neutral and goes well with many coordinating accent colors. I painted the left and right sides of my center wall around 3' in on each side.

No comments: