Wednesday, January 5, 2011

2011- Whoo Whoo!


SOOOOOO.... what can I say about the start of this new year, other than Thank the Lord above that we have seen the end of 2010. It was, for my business, the worst year of the recession. We went through a major restructure, a deep recession, followed by a huge depression, then just as we were getting back on track- got screwed over by a client and learned a major lesson. So many homeowners worry about contractors, and with good reason. There are so many designers, contractors and businesses in general that are out to get your money and might not have the skill to back up the cost that you will pay in the end. What people, even I, never think- is that someone can have a high quality of work done and then operate a gorgeous, high-end establishment built on the merits of a company who designed and fabricated their entire persona and then not finish paying for their work. Coming from the east coast, gaining compensation from dodgy clients is far easier than it is here in AZ, but I more believe in KARMA than any justice the law will bring.

I have replaced my mind's space with all sorts of positive thoughts for this new year. Business is on the brink of full out recovery and the quality of clients in reemerging. I love what I do SO much and am happy to work with clients who truly appreciate the art and skill involved in my world. I don't just make spaces, I design lives, I create futures, increased profits and comfortable environments. I welcome all who are willing to take that journey with me. I have created awesome rooms, homes and businesses in the process, along with some life-long friends! Together, onward we move to 2011- Whoo Whoo!

No comments: