Friday, February 10, 2012

The Hottest Accessories for 2012

I LOVE a well placed grouping of accessories in a room. There's nothing like the perfect design of a thingumabob in just the right color and scale to create a dramatic focal point to draw you into a gorgeous space. My most favorite are the quirky shapes and unexpected angles of out of the box pieces you can get, for utilitarian reasons or for no purpose at all; a great vase to hold air, a set of boxes to store wishes and dreams. OH, HOW I LOVE ACCESSORIES, and the World Market Show had no small amount of gems to show you. Here are some of my most prized finds.
One of the most fun type of accessory is that which spells out for you it's exact intent. No chance of putting anything else in here!

I can see into the souls of this adjoined family. I love that piece!

My most favorite little item of the show- slanted cube vases by Global Views. 

A long fetch of water for a long stemmed flower or just add imagination to this vase.

I enjoyed the sea urchin-like wall art, I saw in several places.

A Haute shell bottle grouping.

Lazy Susan had some of the most impressive displays at the show. Such great raw textures and organic moments!


Great vases with forms from the sea and fun takes on classic elements.

More organics. Wood timber slices attached to a table runner and placemat.
There's nothing like adding some fun and unique conversation starters among your everyday knick-nacks to liven up a space. Perhaps a few of these hot new decor trends will work their way into your hearts and homes?

3 comments:

Cathy Pieroz said...

Loving the slanted cube vases and the way they have been setup! - Cathy Pireoz at Ray White Alexandra Hills

Michelle Dunbar- Interior Designer & D-I-Y Design Diva said...

Yes, the cubes are too fun! I love any unusual decor... this was right up my alley!

Unknown said...

Any Idea where I can find the long fluted wall mounted vases?

Thanks